Ways to Increase Your Peace of Mind
In a busy world full of careers, finances, children, marriage, and health, it can be hard to find peace of mind.
The following are some tips on letting go of the things you cannot control and improving your inner peace.
1. Do your most daunting task first thing in the morning. If you do the thing you are dreading the most after waking up in the morning, you can have a sense of relief for the rest of the day. So go on that 5k run you told yourself you would do or send that email you’ve been putting off.
2. Let go of things you can’t control. You cannot control the weather on your camping trip or that you get sick the night before your friend’s party. The rain won’t stop, and you won’t suddenly feel better just because you are mad. Therefore, we need to make the best out of every situation (I know, easier said than done). Make the most of the things you can control and don’t leave space for the things you cannot.
3. Don’t worry about what others are thinking of you. I know this one can be challenging, especially in the world of social media. Don’t spend all your time worrying about what others are thinking and if they are thinking about you. Truth is they are probably too busy worrying about what others are thinking about them.
4. List 3 things you are grateful for. You can use this technique anywhere and it can help increase happiness and peace of mind. It can be as simple as being grateful there was no line at Tim Hortons on the way to work, or that you hit every green light when you were running late.
5. Go outside or look out a window. By looking outside and taking a deep breath it allows you to focus on your breathing and nothing else. Focus on the air going in and out of your lungs. Make sure you are not focusing on anything else.